Western Sephardic Liturgy-Online resources
The Western Sephardi Diaspora began its development in the mid 16th century when Spanish and Portuguese Jews, who had been forced to convert to Christianity during the previous two centuries, returned to Judaism in considerable numbers. Before that time, many of the conversos flew to North Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean countries. There they joined the large communities that had been established by the Sephardi Jews who were expelled from the Iberian Peninsula in 1492 and 1497. Yet many others moved gradually to Western Europe and established flourishing communities in Northern Italy (Venice, Ferrara and later-on in Livorno) and southeastern France (Bayonne and Bordeaux). Communities were subsequently formed in the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Germany (Hamburg) and England (London). Finally, Western European colonial expansion led to the establishment of Sephardi communities in Northern Brazil, Surinam, and the Caribbean and later on in North America. These communities are referred to as Western Sephardi in order to distinguish them from those of North Africa and the Ottoman Empire in the Eastern Mediterranean.
The list includes links to siddurim, mahzorim, and other liturgical collections. (HT)